Dr André Sakima Serrano is a particularly skilled Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon at Hospital Israelita Albert Einstein, the first ZAGA Center in São Paulo. He has more than 15 years of experience in the rehabilitation of the atrophic maxilla. Because of his broad experience and skills, Dr André Sakima Serrano works in the main hospitals in São Paulo. Dr Sakima Serrano is specialized in Orthognathic Surgery, TMJ Surgery, and Zygomatic implants.
As for Dr Sakima Serrano’s professional background, he trained in Implantology in the Hospital of Rehabilitation of Craniofacial Abnormalities at the University of São Paulo. Later, he became a respected member of the Brazilian College of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery and a fellow of the International Association of Oral & Maxillo Facial Surgery.
Dr Sakima Serrano has a fellowship in Orthognathic Surgery from Vilnius, in Lithuania, where he got a chance to focus on zygomatic implants and developed internationally recognized techniques for installing Zygomatic Implants. In addition to being a zygomatic implant expert, Dr André Sakima Serrano is a national and international lecturer and an author of many articles.
Some of the Dr André Sakima Serrano's Publications
- Migliorança RM, Serrano AS, Funis LP, Ilg JP, Mayo TM, Souza RP, Zamperlini MS. Zygomatic fixtures by the exteriorization technique: two cases with 12 and 18 months follow-up. Rev Assoc Paul Cir Dent 2006; 60(2): 101-4. In Portuguese
- Luz JGC, Serrano AS, Moraes RB. Open reduction and internal fixation of mandibular condyle fractures: evaluation of mandibular movements and remission of symptomatology. Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg 2011;40(10):1107.
- Oliveira RB, Serrano AS. Bimaxillary orthognathic surgery to the correction of dentofacial deformity in a class III malocclusion patient with laterognatism. Odonto Magazine 2013; mar: 38-43. In Portuguese
- Serrano AS. Surgical treatment of mandibular condyle fractures: evaluation of mandibular movements and remission of symptomatology. Monografia, EAP-APCD CENTRAL. Orientador: Luz,JGC. 2010. In Portuguese
- Manganello-Souza LC, Luz,JGC, Serrano AS. Facial fractures in children. In: Tratamento Cirúrgico do Trauma Bucomaxilofacial. 4ed. Quintessence. 2017. In portuguese
- Serrano AS, Ilg JP. Atrophic Maxilla: past, presente and future, and historical perspective of the zygomatic implant. In: Soluções clínicas para reabilitações totais sobreimplantes sem enxertos ósseos. 1ed. Quintessence. 2019. In portuguese
- Gonçalves S, Serrano AS. Reconstrução Prótética da ATM. In: Clínica e Cirurgia da ATM. 1ed. Di Livros, 2020. In portuguese