Dr Arturo Bilbao Alonso is a specialist in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, and an expert in zygomatic implant rehabilitation and orthognathic surgery. He graduated in Medicine from the University of Navarra in 1989. Later he obtained his Doctorate in Medicine from the University of Navarra, and finally, he received a Doctorate in Dentistry from the University of Santiago de Compostela in 2013.
Currently, with more than 20 years of experience in medicine, Dr Arturo Bilbao Alonso has combined his healthcare work with teaching in different postgraduate courses and courses. Apart from teaching, Dr Alonso acts as President of the Spanish Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery (SECOM) and he is a Member of the National Commission for the Specialty of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, belonging to the Ministry of Health, Social Policy, and Equality.
Moreover, Dr Alonso is a specialist doctor and a collaborator teacher at the University Hospital Complex of Santiago de Compostela. He is also the author of various papers and presentations in congresses, articles, and book chapters. Also, Dr Alonso attends courses and conferences as a lecturer in Europe, America, Africa, and Asia.
Last but not least, he is a director of AB Maxillofacial Clinic, the first and only ZAGA Center A Coruña y Lugo in which he coordinates a team of specialists that treat severe maxillary atrophy with zygomatic implants. They work especially in accordance with the ZAGA philosophy, always focusing on the well-being of the patients.
Dr Arturo Bilbao Alonso's Publications
- Lateral transport osteogenesis in maxillofacial oncology patients for rehabilitation with dental implants: a retrospective case series. Arturo Bilbao-Alonso, José M. García-Rielo,Pablo Varela-Centelles and Juan Seoane
- Assessment of dental implant stability in osseodistraction‐generated bone: a resonance frequency analysis. Arturo Bilbao M. Hernández‐De Oliveira Pablo I. Varela‐Centelles J. Seoane
- Osteodistraction: Clinical application in maxillofacial reconstructive surgery. Bilbao Alonso, Arturo
- Evaluación clínica de la técnica convencional de punch y de láser de diodo en la segunda fase quirúrgica con implantes osteointegrados. Castro Sabugueiro E, Bilbao Alonso A, Suárez Quintanilla JM
- Lateral transport osteogenesis in maxillofacial oncology patients for rehabilitation with dental implants: A retrospective case series. Bilbao-Alonso A, García-Rielo J, Varela-Centelles P, Seoane J. Medicina Oral, Patologia Oral y Cirugia Bucal (2013) 18 (1)
Why become a ZAGA Center?
Joining our ZAGA network will give you access to ongoing conversations about cases: success, failures, opinions, studies, and scientific publications altogether. Also, your office will be unique and exclusive in your area.