Dr Costa Nicolopoulos is an accomplished oral and maxillofacial surgeon and a zygomatic implant expert. Over his dentistry practice, he managed to successfully treat over 22,000 patients worldwide, since he is the main surgeon at the ZAGA Centers in Athens and Dubai. Above all, Dr Costa Nicolopoulos is an expert in treating patients suffering from severe maxillary atrophy using zygomatic implants. Also, he follows the ZAGA philosophy to constantly guarantee the patient’s well-being throughout the entire treatment.
As for Dr Costa Nicolopoulos’s professional background, he graduated cum laude in 1984 from the University Witwatersrand in Johannesburg, South Africa, where he was later top of his class. Throughout the years, Dr Costa Nicolopoulos received several awards, including the Gold Medal of the Dental Association of South Africa. Later, he completed his postgraduate Maxillofacial and Oral Surgery training at the university in Johannesburg.
Dr Costa Nicolopoulos placed thousands of dental implants to this date. Apart from his practice as a dental surgeon, he devotes a part of his time to the research. He is the author of several scientific articles and a key lecturer in numerous international implant congresses, such as the Academy of Osseointegration (AO) American Academy of Esthetic Dentistry (AAED), the Osseodensification Academy, and the Association of Dental Implantology (ADI). Finally, Dr Costa Nicolopoulos is also a Diplomate of the International Congress of Oral Implantology (ICOI).
Dr Costa Nicolopoulos' Publications
- Chu S, Östman P-O, Nicolopoulos C, Yuvanoglu P, Chow J, Nevins M, Tarnow D. 2018. Prospective Multicenter Clinical Cohort Study of a Novel Macro Hybrid Implant in Maxillary Anterior Postextraction Sockets: 1-Year Results
- Vandeweghe S, Nicolopoulos C, Thevissen E, Jimbo R, Wennerberg A, De Bruyn H. 2013. Immediate Loading of Screw-Retained All-Ceramic Crowns in Immediate Versus Delayed Single Implant Placement
- Haralabakis NB, Tsianou A, Nicolopoulos C. 2003. Surgical correction of mesially impacted mandibular second molars
- Daly PF, Pitsillis A, Nicolopoulos C. 2001. Occlusal reconstruction of a collapsed bite by orthodontic treatment, pre-prosthetic surgery and implant supported prostheses. A case report
- Nikellis I, Levi A, Nicolopoulos C. Immediate loading of 190 endosseous dental implants: a prospective observational study of 40 patient treatments with up to 2-year data
- Nicolopoulos C, Yuvanoglu P. 2018. 10 Steps for Successful Full-Mouth Rehabilitation