Dr Joao Carlos Ramos is the leading dentist at the Instituto Português de Medicina Dentária, the first ZAGA Center clinic in the district of Aveiro, Portugal. As a dental professional he follows the ZAGA philosophy, putting the patient’s needs first.
As for Dr Ramos’s professional background, he graduated from the faculty of Medicine at the University of Coimbra in 1992. Afterward, he got his doctorate in 2008 from the same University. Additionally, he is a zygomatic implant expert with over 25 years of experience.
Apart from his main activity as a dentist, he also works as an Assistant Professor and Director of the Institute of Operative Dentistry of the Integrated Master of Dentistry (MIMD) of the FMUC.
Moreover, he combines his passion for dentistry with teaching, which allows him to pass his vast knowledge to his colleagues. Besides, Dr Ramos constantly publishes articles in scientific magazines. Finally, Dr Joao Carlos Ramos is the director of the Mechanical Testing Laboratory of the FMUC, and a Coordinator of the Oral Biomechanics area of CIROS of the FMUC.
Discover More of Dr João Carlos Ramos' Professional Biography
- Portuguese Society of Aesthetics and Oral Rehabilitation (SPERO)
- Member of IADR (International Association for Dental Research) and IADT (International Association of Dental Traumatology)
- Fellow of ICD (International College of Dentists) and SPEMD (Portuguese Society of Stomatology and Dental Medicine)
- Member of SPPI (Portuguese Society of Periodontology and Implants) and SPED (Portuguese Society of Dental Aesthetics).
- Author and co-author of dozens of scientific articles and two books, in addition to two chapters of international books, and a digital encyclopedia
- Clinical Director of the Portuguese Institute of Dentistry.
Dr Ramos' Most Recent Publications
- Gomes, A. L., Ramos, J. C., Santos-del Riego, S., Montero, J., & Albaladejo, A. (2015). Thermocycling effect on microshear bond strength to zirconia ceramic using Er:YAG and tribochemical silica coating as surface conditioning.
- Lins, R., Vinagre, A., Alberto, N., Domingues, M. F., Messias, A., Martins, L. R., Nogueira, R., & Ramos, J. C. (2019). Polymerization shrinkage evaluation of restorative resin-based composites using fiber Bragg grating sensors.
- Martins, O., Ramos, J. C., Baptista, I. P., & Dard, M. M. (2014). The dog as a model for peri-implantitis. A review.
- Martins, O., Ramos, J. C., Mota, M., Dard, M., Viegas, C., Caramelo, F., Nogueira, C., Gonçalves, T., & Baptista, I. P. (2020). Evaluation of a novel dog animal model for peri-implant disease: clinical, radiographic, microbiological and histological assessment.
- Palma, P. J., Marques, J. A., Falacho, R. I., Correia, E., Vinagre, A., Santos, J. M., & Ramos, J. C. (2019). Six-month color stability assessment of two calcium silicate-based cements used in regenerative endodontic procedures.