Dr João Carlos Ramos
Professor Dr Joao Carlos Ramos is the leading dentist at the Instituto Português de Medicina Dentária, the exclusive ZAGA Center in the district of Aveiro, Portugal. First, Dr Ramos graduated in 1992 from the faculty of Medicine at the University of Coimbra. Afterward, he got a doctorate in 2008 from the same University. In particular, Dr Ramos is a zygomatic implant expert with over 25 years of experience in dentistry. Besides his main activity as a dentist, he also works as an Assistant Professor and Director of the Institute of Operative Dentistry of the Integrated Master of Dentistry (MIMD) of the FMUC.
Additionally, Dr Joao Carlos Ramos is a professor and regent of “Introduction to Clinic, Ergonomics, and ICT of the MIMD of the FMUC. Specifically, he combines his passion for dentistry with teaching and transmitting his vast knowledge. When Dr Joao Carlos Ramos is not working as a dentist, he dedicates his time to lectures and publishing articles in scientific magazines. Finally, Dr Joao Carlos Ramos is the director of the Mechanical Testing Laboratory of the FMUC and Coordinator of the Oral Biomechanics area of CIROS of the FMUC.
Dr João Carlos Ramos’ Achievements
First of all, Dr Joao Carlos Ramos is the president of the Portuguese Society of Aesthetics and Oral Rehabilitation (SPERO). Likewise, he is also an active member of IADR (International Association for Dental Research), IADT (International Association of Dental Traumatology), ICD (International College of Dentists), SPEMD (Portuguese Society of Stomatology and Dental Medicine) of SPPI (Portuguese Society of Periodontology and Implants) and SPED (Portuguese Society of Dental Aesthetics).
Moreover, Dr Joao Carlos Ramos is the author and co-author of dozens of scientific articles, two books, two chapters of international books, and a digital encyclopedia. Additionally, he is also a reviewer and member of the editorial board of several scientific journals. In particular, Dr Ramos researches in the area of adhesive systems, composite resins, inorganic biomaterials, pulp biology, implantology, oral traumatology, and ergonomics. Finally, Dr Joao Carlos Ramos is the Clinical Director of the Portuguese Institute of Dentistry, which is a private practice dedicated essentially to integrated oral rehabilitation.
Dr Ramos’ Publications
- Gomes, A. L., Ramos, J. C., Santos-del Riego, S., Montero, J., & Albaladejo, A. (2015). Thermocycling effect on microshear bond strength to zirconia ceramic using Er:YAG and tribochemical silica coating as surface conditioning. Lasers in Medical Science, 30(2), 787–795.
- Lins, R., Vinagre, A., Alberto, N., Domingues, M. F., Messias, A., Martins, L. R., Nogueira, R., & Ramos, J. C. (2019). Polymerization shrinkage evaluation of restorative resin-based composites using fiber Bragg grating sensors. Polymers, 11(5).
- Martins, O., Ramos, J. C., Baptista, I. P., & Dard, M. M. (2014). The dog as a model for peri-implantitis. A review. In Journal of Investigative Surgery (Vol. 27, Issue 1, pp. 50–56).
- Martins, O., Ramos, J. C., Mota, M., Dard, M., Viegas, C., Caramelo, F., Nogueira, C., Gonçalves, T., & Baptista, I. P. (2020). Evaluation of a novel dog animal model for peri-implant disease: clinical, radiographic, microbiological and histological assessment. Clinical Oral Investigations.
- Palma, P. J., Marques, J. A., Falacho, R. I., Correia, E., Vinagre, A., Santos, J. M., & Ramos, J. C. (2019). Six-month color stability assessment of two calcium silicate-based cements used in regenerative endodontic procedures. Journal of Functional Biomaterials, 10(1).
- Palma, P. J., Marques, J. A., Falacho, R. I., Vinagre, A., Santos, J. M., & Ramos, J. C. (2018). Does delayed restoration improve shear bond strength of different restorative protocols to calcium silicate-based cements? Materials, 11(11).
- Palma, P. J., Martins, J., Diogo, P., Sequeira, D., Ramos, J. C., Diogenes, A., & Santos, J. M. (2019). Does apical papilla survive and develop in apical periodontitis presence after regenerative endodontic procedures? Applied Sciences (Switzerland), 9(19).
- Palma, P. J., Ramos, J. C., Martins, J. B., Diogenes, A., Figueiredo, M. H., Ferreira, P., Viegas, C., & Santos, J. M. (2017). Histologic Evaluation of Regenerative Endodontic Procedures with the Use of Chitosan Scaffolds in Immature Dog Teeth with Apical Periodontitis. Journal of Endodontics, 43(8), 1279–1287.
- Perdigão, J., Ramos, J. C., & Lambrechts, P. (1997). In vitro interfacial relationship between human dentin and one-bottle dental adhesives. Dental Materials : Official Publication of the Academy of Dental Materials, 13(4), 218–227.
- Ramos, João C., & Perdigão, J. (1997). Bond strengths and SEM morphology of dentin-amalgam adhesives. American Journal of Dentistry, 10(3), 152–158.
- Ramos, João Carlos, Palma, P. J., Nascimento, R., Caramelo, F., Messias, A., Vinagre, A., & Santos, J. M. (2016). 1-year In Vitro Evaluation of Tooth Discoloration Induced by 2 Calcium Silicate–based Cements. Journal of Endodontics, 42(9), 1403–1407.
- Ramos, João Carlos, Soares, A. D., Torres, S., Costa, A. L., Messias, A. L., & Vinagre, A. (2016). Adhesive interface and microtensile bond strength evaluation of four adhesive systems to primary dentin. Revista Portuguesa de Estomatologia, Medicina Dentaria e Cirurgia Maxilofacial, 57(2), 65–73.
- Santos, J. M., Palma, P. J., Ramos, J. C., Cabrita, A. S., & Friedman, S. (2014). Periapical inflammation subsequent to coronal inoculation of dog teeth root filled with Resilon/Epiphany in 1 or 2 treatment sessions with chlorhexidine medication. Journal of Endodontics, 40(6), 837–841.
- Vale, F., Maló, L., Caramelo, F., Ramos, J., & Cavaleiro, J. (2016). Dynamic behavior and surface characteristics of conventional and self-ligating brackets. Revista Portuguesa de Estomatologia, Medicina Dentaria e Cirurgia Maxilofacial, 57(1), 1–8.
- Vinagre, A. R., Fagulha, J. A., Cardoso, A. S., Martins, O. P., Messias, A. L., Ramos, J. C., & Baptista, I. P. (2017). Ultramorphological and chemical characterization of dentin surfaces after application of two desensitizing toothpastes. Revista Portuguesa de Estomatologia, Medicina Dentaria e Cirurgia Maxilofacial, 58(1), 8–16.
- Vinagre, A. R., Messias, A. L., Gomes, M. A., Costa, A. L., & Ramos, J. C. (2014). Effect of time on shear bond strength of four orthodontic adhesive systems. Revista Portuguesa de Estomatologia, Medicina Dentaria e Cirurgia Maxilofacial, 55(3), 142–151.
- Vinagre, A., Ramos, J., Alves, S., Messias, A., Alberto, N., & Nogueira, R. (2016). Cuspal displacement induced by bulk fill resin composite polymerization: Biomechanical evaluation using fiber bragg grating sensors. International Journal of Biomaterials, 2016.
- Vinagre, A., Ramos, J. C., Rebelo, C., Basto, J. F., Messias, A., Alberto, N., & Nogueira, R. (2019). Pulp temperature rise induced by light-emitting diode light-curing units using an ex vivo model. Materials, 12(3).
- Vinagre, A., Ramos, J., Messias, A., Marques, F., Caramelo, F., & Mata, A. (2015). Microtensile bond strength and micromorphology of bur-cut enamel using five adhesive systems. Journal of Adhesive Dentistry, 17(2), 107–116. https://doi.org/10.3290/j.jad.a34060
- Dr Adi Lorean
- Dr André Sakima Serrano
- Dr Andrew Dawood
- Dr Antoine Chehade
- Dr Antonio Olivo
- Dr Antonio Valentin Falca
- Dr Eduardo Crooke
- Dr Jay Neugarten
- Dr João Carlos Ramos
- Dr Johann Styger
- Dr Leonard F. Anglis
- Dr Lesley David
- Dr Ludovic Denglos
- Dr Manuel Martín Luque
- Dr Masami Ando, zygomatic implant expert in Tokyo
- Dr Miguel Moura Goncalves
- Dr Nicolae Jercan
- Dr Pedro Guitián
- Dr Reed Gibbins
- Dr Richard Brookshaw
- Dr Richard Peter Simon
- Dr Samintharaj Kumar
- Dr Sergio Duarte
- Dr Thomas Draper
- Dr. Alberto Fernández
- Dr. Arturo Bilbao Alonso
- Dr. Carlos Aparicio
- Dr. Cemal Ucer
- Dr. Costa Nicolopoulos
- Dr. Daniel Kraus
- Dr. Federico Rehberger Bescós
- Dr. Guillermo Rehberger Olivera
- Dr. Hooman Zarrinkelk
- Dr. José Ferreira
- Dr. Leslie Sultan
- Dr. Marc Shenouda
- Dr. Michael A. Pikos
- Dr. Mikhael Toder
- Dr. Petros
- Dr. Roberto López Píriz
- Guy McLellan
- Prof Chantal Malevez
- Prof Dr Johnson Raja James
- Prof Miguel Peñarrocha
- Prof. Dr. James Chow
- Prof. Tomas Albrektsson