Prof Miguel Peñarrocha is an oral surgeon and zygomatic implant expert. He is a professor at the Univesity of Valencia, a researcher, an author, and also an awarded surgeon.
Prof Peñarrocha has always been interested in orofacial pain. He graduated in Medicine and Surgery at the University of Valencia in 1979, where later he got his Ph.D. He specialized in Stomatology and Neurology. After that, he got an MDS in Oral Surgery and Implantology from the University of Barcelona in 2000. Since then, he has dedicated almost entirely to oral surgery and implantology.
Nowadays, he still combines his profession with teaching and researching. He is the author of 500 articles and 16 books on oral surgery and zygomatic implants. Prof Miguel Peñarrocha received numerous scientific awards and recognition thanks to his work and research. Above all, he received the National Award of the Spanish Society of Oral Surgery in 2017 and the gold medal of Merit College of the College of Dentists of Valencia. Additionally, Prof Miguel Peñarrocha is the President of the Spanish Oral Surgery Society (SECIB).
Prof Miguel Peñarrocha's Publications
- Peñarrocha-Diago, M. et al. Immediate Loading in Atrophic Jaws: Zygomatic Implants. in Atlas of Immediate Dental Implant Loading (2019).
- Pellicer-Chover, H. et al. Influence of the prosthetic arm length (palatal position) of zygomatic implants upon patient satisfaction (2016)
- Galán Gil, S. et al. Rehabilitation of severely resorbed maxillae with zygomatic implants: An update ORIGINAL (NON-ENGLISH) TITLE Implantes cigomáticos en la rehabilitación del maxilar atrófico (2007).
- Peñarrocha-Diago, M., García, B., Gomez, D. & Balaguer, J. Zygomatic bone graft for oral-antral communication closure and implant placement (2007)
- Galán Gil, S., Peñarrocha Diago, M., Balaguer Martínez, J. & Marti Bowen, E. Rehabilitation of severely resorbed maxillae with zygomatic implants: An update (2007).
- Peñarrocha-Diago, M., Boronat, A., Cervera, R. & Garcia, B. Fixed ceramometallic prostheses over anterior and transzygomatic implants by using the sinus slot technique–report of a case(2006)
- Peñarrocha-Diago, M., Uribe-Origone, R. & Guarinos-Carbó, J. Implant-supported rehabilitation of the severely atrophic maxilla: A clinical report (2004)
- Peñarrocha-Diago, M., Uribe-Origone, R., Rambla-Ferrer, J. & Guarinos-Carbó, J. Fixed rehabilitation of a patient with hypohidrotic ectodermal dysplasia using zygomatic implants (2004)