Prof and Dr Chantal Malevez is a specialist in Maxillofacial Surgery and an Honorary Professor at the Faculty of Medicine (ULB). Moreover, she is the leading surgeon and specialist in zygomatic implants at the Clinique Saint-Jean. In particular, the clinic is among the first ZAGA Centers in Belgium.
Furthermore, she teaches several subjects including bone grafting and zygoma implant protocols. Additionally, Prof Dr Chantal Malevez acts as a clinical chief consultant at the Department of Maxillofacial Surgery and Dentistry at the Children’s Hospital of Brussels. Lastly, she is specialized in treating congenital maxillo-facial deformities.
Moreover, Prof DrChantal Malevez works also as a consultant at the Hospital St. Jean in Brussels. She is a team member of the cleft palate center at the same hospital. Finally, Prof Malevez is a member of the E.A.O and the Royal Belgian Society of Maxillofacial Surgery. In order to share her vast knowledge and skills, she lectures nationally and internationally. As a result of her knowledge and experience, Prof Chantal Malevez published several articles in the field of implant surgery.
Finally, Prof Dr Malevez is a member of the ZAGA Council and ZAGA zygomatic implant Mentor.
Prof Dr Chantal Malevez’s Publications
- Immediately loaded zygomatic implants: a 5-year prospective study. Davó R, Malevez C, Pons O. Eur J Oral Implantol. 2013 Spring;6(1):39-47.
- Immediate loading of zygomatic implants using the intraoral welding technique: a 12-month case series. Degidi M, Nardi D, Piattelli A, Malevez C. Int J Periodontics Restorative Dent. 2012 Oct;32(5):e154-61.
- Early one-stage repair of complete unilateral cleft lip and palate. De Mey A, Franck D, Cuylits N, Swennen G, Malevez C, Lejour M. J Craniofac Surg. 2009 Sep;20 Suppl 2:1723-8. doi: 10.1097/SCS.0b013e3181b3ef71.
- Clinical outcome of 42 patients treated with 81 immediately loaded zygomatic implants: a 12- to 42-month retrospective study. Davó R, Malevez C, Rojas J, Rodríguez J, Regolf J. Eur J Oral Implantol. Summer 2008;9 Suppl 1(2):141-50.
- Immediate function in the atrophic maxilla using zygoma implants: a preliminary study. Davo R, Malevez C, Rojas J. J Prosthet Dent. 2007 Jun;97(6 Suppl):S44-51. doi: 10.1016/S0022-3913(07)60007-9. Erratum in: J Prosthet Dent. 2008 Mar;99(3):167.
- Sinus reactions to immediately loaded zygoma implants: a clinical and radiological study. Davó R, Malevez C, López-Orellana C, Pastor-Beviá F, Rojas J. Eur J Oral Implantol. 2008 Spring;1(1):53-60.
- Clinical evaluation of the zygoma implant: 3-year follow-up at 16 clinics. Kahnberg KE, Henry PJ, Hirsch JM, Ohrnell LO, Andreasson L, Brånemark PI, Chiapasco M, Gynther G, Finne K, Higuchi KW, Isaksson S, Malevez C, Neukam FW, Sevetz E Jr, Urgell JP, Widmark G, Bolind P. J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2007 Oct;65(10):2033-8.
- Dentocraniofacial morphology of 21 patients with unilateral cleft lip and palate: a cephalometric study. Corbo M, Dujardin T, de Maertelaer V, Malevez C, Glineur R. Cleft Palate Craniofac J. 2005 Nov;42(6):618-24.