Prof. Waldemar Daudt Polido is an Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon with a main focus on orthognathic surgery and advanced solutions in implant surgery, and he is a Scientific Partner member of The ZAGA Network. First of all, he has Master’s and Doctor (Ph.D.) degrees from the PUC University in Porto Alegre and an Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon Residency at the University of Texas, Southwestern Medical Center in Dallas, USA. Today, he is a Clinical Professor and Director of the Pre-doctoral Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Program at the IUPUI – Indiana University School of Dentistry.
Also, he is an active fellow and speaker Professor at the ITI – International Team for Implantology-. Indeed, he occupied positions as ITI Brazil Chairman and Education Delegate, as well as being a member of the ITI Education Committee for 8 years, Currently, he is holding a position in the ITI US leadership team.
Prof. Polido is a certified fellow of the International Board for Certification of Specialists in OMF Surgery. Again, he is a member and fellow of several organizations, such as the IAOMS, AAOMS– Academy of Osseointegration Osteology Foundation-, AO-CMF, and the Brazilian College of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. Doctor Polido is also a reviewer for many international journals in Oral Maxillofacial Surgery and Implantology, such as the International Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery (IJOMS), Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery (JOMS), and The International Journal of Oral & Maxillofacial Implants (IJOMI).
Additionally, his main interests are digital photography and video and digital facial planning in Computer-Aided Maxillofacial and Implant Surgery, with a focus on Interdisciplinary Treatment and Orthognathic Surgery. Furthermore, he has many publications and lectures on digital tools, bone grafts, implants in the treatment of the esthetic area, complications, and the treatment of fully edentulous patients.
Prof Waldemar Polido's Scientific Publications
- The Zygoma Anatomy-Guided Approach for Placement of Zygomatic Implants. C Aparicio, WD Polido, HM Zarrinkelk. Atlas of the Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Clinics of North America.
- Bone resorption, stability, and soft-tissue changes following large chin advancements. WD Polido, LDC Regis, WH Bell. Journal of oral and maxillofacial surgery 49 (3), 251-256 (1991)
- Number of implants placed for complete‐arch fixed prostheses: A systematic review and meta‐analysis. W Daudt Polido, T Aghaloo, TW Emmett, TD Taylor, D Morton. Clinical oral implants research 29, 154-183 (2018)
- Accuracy, reproducibility, and dimensional stability of additively manufactured surgical templates. L Chen, WS Lin, WD Polido, GJ Eckert, D Morton. The Journal of prosthetic dentistry 122 (3), 309-314 (2019)
- Orthodontic treatment for a patient with advanced periodontal disease: 11-year follow-up. CAE Tavares, S Allgayer, E da Silva Calvete, WD Polido. American journal of orthodontics and dentofacial orthopedics 144 (3), 455-465 (2013)
- Computer‐guided implant surgery and full‐arch immediate loading with prefabricated—metal framework—provisional prosthesis created from a 3D printed model. A Lanis, O Alvarez del Canto, P Barriga, WD Polido, D Morton Journal of Esthetic and Restorative Dentistry 31 (3), 199-208 (2019)
- A” Graft Less” Approach for Dental Implant Placement in Posterior Edentulous Sites.CM Misch, WD Polido. International Journal of Periodontics & Restorative Dentistry 39 (6) (2019)
- Dental implantology. WD Polido, A Vij, R Reti, S Fay, GW Hosch. Oral Board Review for Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, 69-93 (2021)
- Static computer-aided implant surgery: immediate implant placement and immediate loading in the esthetic zone. A Lanis, A Tahmaseb, WD Polido. Journal of Cosmetic Dentistry 37 (1) (2021)
- Dual-Purpose 3D-Printed Surgical Template for Removal of Fractured Implant and New Implant Placement. T Gauger, T Gadah, V Dutra, WS Lin, D Morton, WD Polido. Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery 78 (10), e67-e68