Prof Dr James Chow obtained his dental and medical degrees from Hong Kong University. Dr Chow belongs to the first group of locally trained specialists in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery (OMFS) in Hong Kong. Indeed, he is one of the Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery (OMFS) specialists in Hong Kong with dual degrees in dentistry and medicine.
Moreover, Dr James Chow is a renowned specialist and a zygomatic implant expert and the director of Dental Implant and Maxillofacial Centre, the state-of-the-art private OMFS center in Hong Kong. He is also the honorary associate professor of Hong Kong University and Shanghai Jiaotong University.
Dr Chow has expertise in dental implants and computer-aided surgery. He is undoubtedly the pioneer in Asia in immediate dental implant loading, Zygomatic implants, guided surgery, and navigational surgery. Besides, he is a respected international speaker and an author of scientific articles published in international journals on immediate loading with dental implants and 3D technologies in OMFS. Dr Chow’s other interests include jaw reconstruction, cosmetic facial surgery, minimally invasive implant surgery, and maxillofacial procedures.
Prof Dr James Chow's Achievements
- Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery (Hong Kong)
- Fellow at The Royal College of Surgeons of England
- Bachelor and Master of Dental Surgery (Hong Kong)
- Fellow in Dental Surgery, The Royal College of Surgeons of England
- Fellow at The Royal College of Dentists of Canada (Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery)
- Fellowship at The College of Dental Surgeons of Hong Kong (Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery)
- Fellowship at The Hong Kong Academy of Medicine (Dental Surgery)
- Director of the Brånemark Osseointegration Center in Hong Kong since 2001
- Co-founder of the Tideman Maxillofacial Centre in Hong Kong
Prof Dr James Chow's Publications
- Zygomatic Implants—Protocol for Immediate Occlusal Loading: A Preliminary Report. James Chow MDS, MBBS, FDSRCS, FRCDC, FHKAM, Edward Hui MDS, MBBS, FDSRCS, FRCDC, FHKAM, Philip K. M. Lee MDS, FFDRCSI, FRACDS, FHKAM, William Li MDS, MOSRCS, FRACDS